The Ice Cream curve - why moving to cloud is probably something for you.
The Ice Cream Curve - why moving to cloud is probably something for you
Don't let your costly environment hold you back in the race for the title!
Imagine a sunny summer day in the middle of July... As you stroll down to the beach, you feel the heat crawling into your skin and you decide to go grab an ice cream. You know the perfect place and it's just around the corner. As you round the corner you see a huge line of at least 30 people in front of you! People in the queue are starting to get anxious due to the time and heat. The ice cream crew are stressed, performing poorly and are unable to keep their customers happy.
Now, in the same way the ice cream crew are struggling, you and your on-premise infrastructure will face the same future. Like the weather, your on-premise infrastructure, -software or -platform needs vary in a highly unpredictable matter. Times with high demands on your on-premise environment makes you invest in more hardware and software that you actually need, adding more cost to your already costly IT budget. This cost will not be justified once the demand decreases, then you will be seated with unused expensive infrastructure. Money that could have been spent on innovation that could really be a game changer compare to your opponents, or investing into your core business that brings value.
Moving to Cloud
Moving to cloud gives you flexibility
- - ...to scale up and down following your demands
- - ...control choices, choose what level of control you want with the as-a-service options. These include software-as-a-service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and Infrastucture-as-a-service (IaaS)
- Moving to cloud gives you efficiency
- - ...to access your cloud-based application securely from virtually any internet-connected device
- - ...to never experince lose any data because of networked backups
- - ...to save money on equipment by using remote resources
- - ...by access to 10 000+ experts around the globe, constantly improves the product - why let a small group of your own team compete with them?
Moving to cloud gives you strategic value
- - ...to focus on the things that brings value for your organization, application development and other priorities
- - ...to never ever have to invest in a complex, expensive "upgrade project". Service providers ensures that you always have the most up-to-date technology
- - ...to collaborate from widespread location
Moving to cloud simply gives you more predictability on your cost and customer needs. Wouldn't it be nice to predict the weather? Beacuse if you think about it - who really wants an ice cream in the winter?
We can help you! Please contact us if you want to learn more, or if you want to see what opportunities are available to you and your business.